Head of Education Cabinet
Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Hungary H-7400 Kaposvár, Guba S. u. 40.
Application deadline for the scholarship: 28. February 2015.
Application deadline for the MSc. programme: 31. March 2015.
2. Degree awarded: MSc
3. Qualification: Master in animal nutrition and feed safety
4. General area of studies: agriculture
5. Admission requirements:
- at least BSc degree (or equivalent) in a field of Animal Science, Agriculture, Game Biology and Game Production or Life Sciences.
- In case of a not fully acceptable BSc degree, the University may request the applicant to attend extra courses.
- a Grade Point Average (GPA) for the BSc study which is at least 75% of the maximum scale
- If the language of instruction is English: fluency in both written and spoken English. Applicants from non-Anglophone countries must have a certificate of proficiency in English, issued by a recognized language institute, such as TOEFL or IELTS. Applicants who have completed their BSc (or equivalent) degree studies in a programme where the language of instruction is English are not required to submit such certificate. The minimum pass scores are 6.0 for the IELTS, 550 for the written TOEFL test and 213 points for the computer based TOEFL test. Students who are required to submit a certificate of proficiency in English language may also be required to take an English language assessment test at the Kaposvár University Foreign Language Department prior to the beginning of the MSc study.
- If the language of instruction is Hungarian: fluency in both written and spoken Hungarian. Applicants who do not have a Hungarian citizenship or are not from a Hungarian minority community must have a medium level certificate of proficiency in Hungarian. Students who are required to submit a certificate of proficiency in Hungarian language may also be required to take a Hungarian language assessment test at the Kaposvár University Foreign Language Department prior to the beginning of the MSc study.
7. Number of credits to be collected: 120 credits
8. Programme Objectives:
biochemistry, microbiology, research methodology, nutritional physiology
9.2. Main compulsory courses 30-54 credits:
cropping systems, grassland management, compound feed production, grain and feed preservation and qualification, technology, advanced animal nutrition (ruminants and monogastric animals), feed analysis, feed toxicology, nutritional and metabolic diseases, feed quality control, feed safety, safety and health at work, quality management, farm management, farm economics, business management, law and ethics in animal nutrition
9.3. Optional courses 30-35 credits:
companion animal nutrition, fish nutrition, natural resource management, biometry, communication
9.4. Other courses: a minimum of 6 credits.
9.5. Thesis Work: 30 credits.