Study programmes for foreign nationals run by the Faculty of Economic Sciences, Kaposvár University
Regional and Environmental Economic Studies (MA) Master programme
Information on the study programme
The level of education and qualification obtainable in the master's programme as stated in the diploma:
- Level of education: magister, master (MA)
- Qualification: MSc in Regional and Environmental Economic Studies
Duration of the study programme: 4 semesters
ECTS credit requirement to obtain a master degree: 120 credits
Objectives of the study programme; professional competences to be acquired:
The objective of the study programme is to train experts, who by obtaining a high level theoretical and practical knowledge are able to analyse regional and ecological processes, to recognise relations and problems, to creatively and innovatively partake in regional and environmental policies, strategies and programmes and to follow regional and environmental sciences.
The students who graduate in the master's programme know:
- Basic information on micro- and macro economy, regional and settlement studies as well as environmental economic, geographic and social studies;
- Problem solving techniques to be applied as solutions to their tasks;
- Criteria and conditions of adapting the acquired knowledge in practice;
- Tools of orientation in the body of professional literature;
- Information and methods required to recognise and analyse practical problems occurring in the environment-conscious management of economic and regional development.
The master graduates are able to
- Work in the field of regional development and environment protection activities of various sectors, governmental and local bodies, institutions and companies;
- Work both independently and as part of a team in analysing and planning activities, as well as to manage such team work;
- Recognise and contribute to the decision-making process in social, economic and environmental problems occurring at settlement or regional level;
- Fulfill tasks in the government sector, international and private organisations and public institutions.
Information on the application process
Students with a foreign nationality, with a bachelor's level diploma may apply to the master's programme. Language prerequisites:
- English speaking students or students obtaining their bachelor's or master's degree in English are not requested to sit a language exam
- Students are otherwise required to obtain any of the following language exams
- TOEFL iBT 66 (or above),
- IELTS overall band 6.0 (or above),
- or another equivalent international language exam.
Preconditions of application:
- Maximum 40 points may be obtained on the basis of the average diploma exam mark
- Another maximum 50 points can be given for the general professional and motivational interview
- Maximum 10 extra points can be given for professional experience, publications and further diplomas gained in higher education in Economics
- The maximum of the obtainable points is 100, out of which 50 points are needed for a successful application.
Tuition fee is 2500 EUR/semester, which covers the study fees and accommodation (for the study period of 14 weeks + exam period of 6 weeks)
- General and technical information on the application process, and on Kaposvar University:
- Information on the study programme: