The University Library of Kaposvár University was founded in 2000. It is located in the middle of the university campus, on a total surface of 1700 m2, with its two large readings rooms, free WiFi, 150 patron seats and some technology services (computer use, photocopying, printing) available for the library members. The Library collection reflects the demands and needs of the university’s four faculties, provides and serves literature of humanities and social sciences, economy, agricultural sciences and arts in the broadest scale . The library stock consists of about 200 000 documents and most of them are held in public areas. The work processes of the library have been automated with the Aleph 500 integrated library management system.
The Library purchases about 2000 new documents every year and the number of periodicals it subscribes to is nearly 300.The reading rooms are the principal points for gaining access to the Library's reference collections of books and bound periodicals. The Library strives with its up-to-date services, piles up comprehensive resources in support of the research, teaching and learning needs of the University community. Researchers and students using the library are assisted by a staff of skilled reference librarians.
Access to national and international databases through the Electronic Information Service plays an indispensible role in providing scholarly information for doctoral training and research performed at the university. During the academic year the Library provides user education trainings for new students and courses on writing a thesis for small groups of beginning researchers (PhD students, etc.). In addition to the opportunities provided by its own collections and sources of information available electronically, it strives to fulfill the demand for resource materials through interlibrary loan.