- Animal Production Engineer (BSc)
- Agricultural Engineer (BSc)
- Plant Production Engineer (BSc)
- Nature Protection Engineer (BSc)
- Animal Science (MSc)
- Animal Nutrition and Feed Safety (MSc) (in English as well)
- Agricultural Engineering Teacher (Animal Production Engineer) (MSc)
Vocational higher education
- Environmental Protection Technologist (Specialised in Waste Management)
- Stud Manager
New courses to be launched:
- Wildlife Management Engineer (BSc)
- Master in Agriculture
- Master in Nature Conservation
Main research areas
- Food quality and safety-related research: covering the entire process of food production, introducing the “from field to fork” concept.
- Development of nutritional concepts to ensure the quality of products and safety of production.
- Use of new techniques (molecular biology, CT, MRI) as selection tools in animal breeding to develop new strains to fulfil the changed consumer requirements.
- Study of the environmental effect of animal production systems (housing and nutrition).
- Big game (red deer, fallow deer, mouflon, wild boar) breeding and production research.
- Animal welfare studies to develop scientifically proven guidelines for animal production systems.
- Application of digital imaging techniques in the veterinary, medical and animal sciences.
The journals edited by the Faculty of Animal Science – “Acta Agraria Kaposváriensis” and “Acta Scientiarium Socialium” – are well-known both by national and international experts in the field.