A special infrastructure helps training in all academic specialisations:
In addition to pieces by faculty and international artists, the galleries and exhibition halls of Kaposvár University proudly display students' work, helping to launch them in the professional world. The acting students’ performances are extremely popular all over the country.
Our students participate in exhibitions, biennials, festivals, and conferences at home and abroad. They work for newspapers, television, and radio broadcasters. They design and create sets and costumes. They perform on stage at the Theatre of Kaposvár, in theatres in Budapest, and abroad. Their success in all these endeavors has won them prizes at numerous art festivals and competitions. Photos on the front page of The New York Times, leading roles, enchanting stage sets and fancy dresses, prestigious prizes, and professional respect are the fruits of the talents they cultivate at Faculty of Arts of Kaposvár University.
The students’ perspective and international viability improve through studies in English and German languages and courses held by artists and researchers from several countries. These guest lecturers give the students professional insight, help them make the first steps into their careers, and, through their varied backgrounds, diversify the students' education. The Faculty of Arts also puts its students in contact with international creative camps in Hungary and abroad, professional institutions, and other universities in countries near and far. Co-operative relations with The Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts in Bratislava, University of Theatrical Arts of Targu Mures, Kütahya Dumlupinar University in Turkey, and Burapha University in Thailand bring visiting professors from all parts of the world and provide both undergraduates and teachers the chance to study, introduce themselves, and exhibit their works abroad.
The Department of Motion Pictures maintains good relations and has running contracts with several institutions in Moscow, such as the Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography, the All-Russian State University of Cinematography, and one of the most significant film periodicals, ”Киноведческие записки”.
The faculty is exceptionally keen on expanding its national and international relations and continuously looks for opportunities to open the world for its students.
- Theatre Arts
- Art Theory
- Media Arts
Study programmes offered:
- Acting MA
- Photography MA
- Scenography (specializations: Stage and Costume Design, Puppet and Costume Design)
- Visual Representation BA (specializations: Visual Representation – Drawing and Painting, Film and Media)
• University of Ostrava
• Janacek Academy of Music and Performing Arts Bruno
• University of Ioannina
• University of Osijek
• University of Rijeka
• University of Split
• State Higher Vocational School in Walcz
• Pedagogical University of Cracow
• Jan Grodek State Vocational Academy in Sanok
• University of Malta
• Volda University College
• University College of Southeast Norway
• Suor Orsola Benincasa University
• Sapientia Erdélyi Magyar Tudományegyetem
• University of Arts Targu-Mures
• University of Seville
• Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya
• University of Novi Sad
• Academy of Performing Arts in Bratislava (VSMU)
• Kilis 7 Aralik University
• Mugla Sitki Kocman University (MSKU)
• Dumlupinar University
• Marmara Üniversitesi
• Uludag University
• Osmaniye Korkut ata University